More than 25% of body heat is lost through the head and extremities of the body.
The vest with hood design provides the best insulation and protection for colder dives.
The hood protects against chaffing from mask straps, keeps your head and ears toasty warm, and is flexible enough to slide off if required, while still remaining comfortable.
The hood allows better hearing and less chance of ear squeeze than traditional neoprene hoods.
The Chillproof material provides warmth and insulation in the case of a minor leak – or even when completely saturated. The windproof membrane keeps you extra warm during surface intervals.
Chillproof is an aquatic specific, windchill proof, 3-layer composite material with the thermal properties of a 2.5 to 3mm neoprene wetsuit that has been developed for watersports athletes.
- The comfortable ‘hollow fibre fleece’ layer is next to the skin and ‘wicks’ moisture and sweat away from the body to help keep you dry.
- The second middle ‘technical’ layer is 100% windproof yet breathes to regulate body temperature while stopping windchill.
- The third outer layer is a nylon/lycra blend for abrasion resistance and 4 way stretch.
- It is also UV resistant for sun protection and has a durable water repellent finish (DWR) to provide a protective shell that ‘sheds’ water.
- Sharkskin Chillproof is neutrally buoyant, anti-microbial, odour and itch resistant.
Follow these instructions to get optimum performance out of your Sharkskin product.
- Hand wash in cold water
- Line dry
- Do not bleach
- Do not iron
- Do not dry clean
- Wash after use to remove residual chlorine or salt
- Keep out of the sun when not in use
- Neptune Wetsuit Wash is recommended